Thursday, July 9, 2009

Izzy Girl Invitations :: Vendor Spotlight

It's always a joy to work with someone who just 'gets it'. No need for an embellished explanation, just a few ideas here and there, and then they run with it.

That's what working with Janet Maples, owner of Izzy Girl, is like. She's perceptive, friendly, has a great eye for design, and a true passion for paper goods.

Bridetiquette recently sat down with her, to get the scoop on her path into the events industry.

Tell us a little about yourself…I started my career in broadcast journalism and television production, and have since moved on to work as a web designer and now an invitation designer. I live with my husband, 8-month-old daughter, and two dogs with big personalities in the Green Lake area.

What inspired you to start your business?
I’ve always designed invitations for friends and family, but it wasn’t until I created my own invitation for our wedding that I started to receive calls and e-mails from friends and friends of friends wanting to hire me to design something special for their event. It was at that point that I started to think about starting my own business.

Where are you located? How can clients reach you?
I am located in the Green Lake area. I meet clients anywhere that is convenient – in my neighborhood, in theirs or somewhere in between.
I may be reached at 206.390.0678 or by e-mail at info@izzygirl.com.

What special things do you create for weddings?
I can create any paper good that is needed for any event - from the invitation to the thank you note and everything else in between. I was recently asked to create a jar label for homemade jam that the couple was adding to each welcome basket.

Any advice for all of the brides planning to get married in the next year?
There are so many options out there for every aspect of your wedding. Don’t feel pressured into going in a direction that does not fit your style. Make a personal statement and be true to yourself!

What is unique about your product line?
Each design is handcrafted, with custom detailing that guarantees your invitation or announcement is truly one-of-a-kind with the ultimate goal of creating an experience for each guest as they open the invitation to your event. I like to think “in the box” (invitations don’t necessarily need to be sent in paper envelopes!) and pair different materials such as fabrics, crystals, and stitching – to name a few – with various printing methods.

Where can we see/purchase/order your product?
You may view some sample pieces at www.izzygirl.com. I also have a portfolio on hand at swee swee paperie in West Seattle. Otherwise, we can set up a complimentary consultation to talk over your design needs.

What inspires you?
My clients! I am involved in their most personal milestones and love to share in the passion they have for colors, design elements and ideas for their event. I conceptualize every design detail to bring their vision to life.

What price ranges do your products fall into?
Wedding sets start at $8.00 per set. Pricing goes up depending on paper, materials, embellishments and type of printing, however, as every invitation is personal and the range of what people want is so different, pricing really does vary.

What do you bring to the industry that sets you apart?
I offer unparallel customer service. I work closely with you every step of the way to make sure we come up with the perfect solution that is true to your style and personality. My craftsmanship is of the highest quality giving the finished invitation a unique branding that sets the tone for the event.


Thank you Janet for sharing your approach to truly original custom design invitations. Your portfolio is amazing!

No comments: